Faculty & Physician Recruitment Process (FPRP)
The New York University School of Medicine is committed to strengthen and enhance its leadership position in American medicine through its contributions in research, education and clinical care. Its strategy includes recruiting the next generation of clinical and research leadership, continuously rebuilding its existing physical resources and adding new facilities, providing the financial stability to ensure steady growth into the future, and enlarging and integrating its biomedical campus.
NYU School of Medicine is committed to providing equal opportunity and taking positive action to increase diversity in all areas. We shall continue to actively recruit and we encourage the application of underrepresented group members. Use of specific guidelines will allow the School of Medicine to hire experienced, highly skilled individuals and still maintain compliance with federal and state mandates. All school policies and programs allow equal opportunity for activities regardless of race, creed, color, sex, disability, national origin, marital or parental status, citizenship, age, or sexual orientation.
In recruiting a compensated Faculty to New York University Langone Medical Center (NYULMC), you must follow one of the below processes. The criteria are listed below for each.
1. FPRP 8-Step Process
You will follow the FPRP 8-Step Process if your recruitment has research effort greater 40% effort and requires at least 1 of the following:
- Financial commitments from any of the School of Medicine funds (i.e. operating, discretionary, endowment, grants, service center, etc);
- Requesting lab and/or administrative spaces
- Requires SSC funds and/or review by Science Strategy Committee (SSC)
2. FAST Track Process
You will follow the FAST TRACK Process if your recruitment meets all the following criteria:
- Funded only from the clinical sources (FPG, Affiliation, Tisch/HJD)
- No funds requested from the School of Medicine funds (i.e. operating, discretionary, endowment, grants, service center, etc)
- Unfunded, protected research time not to exceed 25%
- Education effort not to exceed Artman II minimum (50 contact hours)
- No resources out the department control, (i.e. space renovations, capital funds, animals, IT modifications, etc.)